Friday, November 6, 2015

What Will I Make?


What Will I Make?


Decisions, decision- what will I make?
Graffiti? A poem? Patience to rhyme?
There’s more than just love baked into this cake.

When you’re a kid, it’s easy to fake-
older you get, it is harder to climb.
Decisions, decisions- what will I make?

So we try a few things- try not to break.
It’s hard when you don’t have even a dime.
There’s more than just love baked into this cake.

When you’re lying in bed, still wide awake,
the paths that open are covered in slime.
Decisions, decisions- what will I make?

You try to be smart, for everyone’s sake,
and your childlike ways help you to mime.
There’s more than just love baked into this cake.

And now I’m afraid to make a mistake.
What I don’t have is a whole lot of time.
Decisions, decisions - what will I make?
There’s more than just love baked into this cake.



No comments: