Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Story Day 22


~

The scene which met her eyes was not what Casey was expecting.  They stepped into a brightly lit room buzzing with energy.  Banks of computers and lights flashed and hummed as red overall clad workers lent over them frantically typing.  As she took in the sight and wondered what was coming next, Zack sidled a little closer.

“I only did what they asked me to.  If you tell them, they will let you go.  They have my brother – I’m doing this for him. I’ve been here such a long time, I just want to go home.  Please just tell them, Casey.”

“I will if I can.” said Casey. “But I still don’t know what they are talking about.”
“Here we are,” said the woman, and opened the door. In the center of the room was a chair, and in the chair sat a man. His arms were tied behind him, head down, face hidden: Casey knew exactly who he was.
“This is impossible,” she said, turning to the woman who was also impossible. “He’s been gone for years.”
“Not gone,” she replied, “lost. And now you’ll tell us how to break him.”
Casey inched forward as the man looked up.
“Dad?”




Go HERE to start at the beginning. 



No comments: