Sunday, March 15, 2015

Story Day 13


~

“But that didn't happen to me.  I just woke up in this freaky place and knew I had to get out.”
“Maybe that’s the difference between us – I didn't have the balls to get out and now I don’t know what the hell was going on or what they've done to me.”
“But I don’t understand.  You were at the car, you pulled me out.  That’s how I recognized you.” 
Zach scratched his head.
“Look, I don’t know.  I just don’t remember that, at least…” he looked pained.
“There’s something there but it’s a fog.  Casey, what have they done?”

“Now listen,” she said, putting a hand on his arm, “There’s no point worrying until you know what there is to worry about.” She could hear her mother’s voice in her own. “Come on, let’s walk.”
Casey looked at Zack for the first time. He was fairly normal looking, brown hair and a five o’clock shadow pebbling his face. She enjoyed the curve of his jaw and felt herself blush, looking away quickly toward the city.
“I thought I knew the skylines of all the major cities,” she said, “but that looks more like the Emerald City than anywhere else.”




Go HERE to start at the beginning. 



No comments: