Friday, January 16, 2015

Heart



Heart

Is it a shape, or a design?
And what is with this beating?
A body part or holy shrine?

We live and grow; I cannot whine-
but this thing, I am just meeting.
Is it a shape, or a design?

My brain and she do not align-
I find them there, competing.
A body part or holy shrine?

This piece inside, I can’t define-
good sense, it seems, is fleeting.
Is it a shape, or a design?

Some days it doesn’t seem like mine-
mistakes keep on repeating.
A body part or holy shrine?

But when it’s good it is divine,
all gloom we are defeating.
It is a shape, and a design-
a body part and holy shrine. 

 Skin

...like a snake I can shed... 
"Begone! You are not welcome!"
...people like skin. Stuck. 


Florish

On the floor she sweeps,
gliding by, collecting cards,
connecting the dots.



No comments: