Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 2- Brains

Brains

 Please, fiendish friend, both dark and light:
the day still runs as darkness falls:
please let me sleep all through the night.

Yesterday their words had strongest bite,
tonight the infinite analysis calls.
 Please, fiendish friend, both dark and light.

I know that how I feel is right,
but all my cells and matter crawls.
Please let me sleep all through the night.

 I wish for once to lose my sight;
a cage of anatomy, without high walls.
Please, fiendish friend, both dark and light.

Silence ticks by, filled with spite-
wandering, worrying, stretches of strip-malls.
Please let me sleep all through the night.

But maybe it will all be alright;
I was once still- my mind recalls.
Please, fiendish friend, both dark and light,
please let me sleep all through the night.  



I'll stop writing villanelles eventually. I just really dig them. So far they are easily my favorite form, even though I don't think I'm totally nailed them just yet.

No comments: