Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 12- Galumphing

Galumphing 

What's a word got to do to lose its meaning?
Or is this the direction it always was leaning?
Can a word as silly as goofy galumphing
really retain it's triumphant galloping?*
It never stood a chance
with it's poor portmanteau stance.
For words, there's nothing more demeaning. 

BUT

I think I now love this maltreated word
like I love the ugly, broken and absurd.**
For what a wonderful word Mr. Carroll created!  
To triumphantly gallop would make most quite elated. 
I don't care if it's graceless,
or more or less baseless; 
it will stay in my heart; this galumphing nerd.





*Which is not even an actual rhyme, but a near rhyme. Just to add insult to injury, nothing actually rhymes with galumphing.
**Except for YOU, dear reader, who are beautiful in every way. 

No comments: