Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 1- Spine

Spine

Get me another glass of wine-
my eyes will ease and will amend.
The thought of you runs up my spine.

I sip and all I want is mine:
I see so clear where this will end.
Get me another glass of wine.

The party: late, into the shine
of smiles all around- they blend.
The thought of you runs up my spine.

Hands steady but I am just fine-
and you did not even attend.
Get me another glass of wine.

The waving walls start to aline:
you said you were at least a friend.
The thought of you runs up my spine.

It's hard for me to not define-
my actions I will not defend.
Get me another glass of wine-
the thought of you runs up my spine.



Disclaimer: poetry can be fictional too, don't forget! Just because poetry is usually so personal does not mean I'm always writing about myself. It would be pretty boring if I did!


No comments: