Monday, April 7, 2014

Poetry Project, day 6

Maria's Country Song
(Not making fun, just for fun)


Here I am baby and the night is so long:
I think I'm gonna write me a country song.
I've got beer in the fridge and love on my mind,
a childhood of twang and my feet good n' reclined.
Here we go honey, how hard can it be?

I've got a nice cold beer and my daddy's red neck,
this should be about love, but what the heck?
I should say how great you are lookin'
ask what you've got cookin'. 
Don't like it? Write you're own country song.

The wind's gonna whisper down these old dirt roads,
that sounds better to me than you're bard's old odes.
My rusty old pick up truck kicks like hell,
but like my Grandaddy's gun, I'm ain't never gonna sell. 
That's what I gotta do, right? Got a lotta loyalty.

I've got a nice cold beer and my daddy's red neck,
this should be about love, but what the heck?
I should say how great you are lookin'
ask what you've got cookin'. 
Don't like it? Write you're own country song. 

Sing with a real deep voice, tell ya stories of old,
bout love and loss and pockets fulla gold.
Bout my family's bond, where my boots' been kickin'.
Them jeans baby get you and I me clicking.
You've gotta problem with me, you know right where to go.

I've got a nice cold beer and my daddy's red neck,
this should be about love, but what the heck?
I should say how great you are lookin'
ask what you've got cookin'. 
Don't like it? Write you're own country song. 

Once I get this song out of my system,
full of stereotypes and not a lotta wisdom,
maybe I could write a good one, of which there are a ton.
They'll break your heart, make ya laugh- all fulla fun.
Country's got more soul than you know.

I've got a nice cold beer and my daddy's red neck,
this should be about love, but what the heck?
I should say how great you are lookin'
ask what you've got cookin'. 
Don't like it? Write you're own country song. 
 
All I know baby is that country's here to stay,
you and me darlin' won't have it any other way.

1 comment:

dolores said...

YeeeeHaaaawww!:)