Thursday, April 24, 2014

Poetry Project, day 23

The Internet is barely fast enough to post this-
faster on my phone, technology fails
not for the first time.
But this should not be such a hardship,
it should not be something that gets in the way
of my day, of your day, of everyone's
day. But it is. Is there
such a thing as being too connected?
0f being so easily found online that you every
move is documented, your every little
thought recorded, so
that after you are gone, there would
be enough if your online personality online that
someone smarter than me could clone
you, and you could
live forever? I once heard a person of
note say that she thinks that soon, the people with
no online presence at all will be the
coolest people. At
first I disagreed, my first thought was
the obvious one, but now I'm not so sure. I think I
probably agree now, I see her point,
her loud, striking, harsh
point. Who are
ourselves
alone?

No comments: