Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Poetry Project, day 14


In a new place, I often hide-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
in places besides those who have died-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
I want them to know, that I know they were here-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
and that we, the living, still think they are dear-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
You may find this silly, or very morose-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
but to me it's quite nice to have them so close-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
Cemetaires, to me, are a beautiful sight-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
not depressing at all, but cities of light-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
And if ever I were to meet a ghost-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
I'd have lots to ask, friendlier than most-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
But for now i'm content, to seek and to see-
I don't know why, I don't know why-
But most of all to just live, and to be.
We all know why, we all know why.

No comments: