Saturday, September 17, 2011

New blog


So yesterday, I was sitting in the Jericho Cafe, waiting for a movie to start at the Phoenix across the street where I was meeting a friend later.  I got to Jericho really early, a few hours early, as I tend to do, so I got a drink and sat in the cafe to kill time. I ended up sitting there for almost two hours, making the above doodle/poem/legalpadartthing, listening to my ipod, and I came up with a new idea. 

Really, it wasn't my idea. My buddy Rob was visiting the other day, and he was showing me all his music on the internet. He is alllll over the internet and asked if I had a blog. I said I did and showed it to him, and he asked me what it was about. I couldn't really answer that, what is this blog about? It's about nothing, like Seinfeld, but not as funny. I explained to him that the purpose of the blog was initially for a class, then just for fun, then an easy way to let my friends and family know what I was up to while in England. But, some of my posts do have points. He said I should make a new blog, the with-a-point blog. And I decided yesterday that this was a great idea. 

More on this new blog later, I'm still trying to come up with a name. It should just be called MARIA C GOODSON THE WRITER BLOGGG or something like that, but I really like Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe, so I might go for another Bowie lyric. Any suggestions? Throw um at me: if you feel inclined to comment, let me also know about your favorite line from any David Bowie song, if you have one. I'm still thinking Moonage Daydream, I just love that tune. 

Ok, about to be late for work, as usual. 

See ya later, party people. 

~major7th

5 comments:

Kerry said...

My absolutely fave line is from China Girl...

"the serious moonlight"

my two cents


Kerry

beth said...

Great Idea.

DeeRoo said...

Gotta think on this...but I don't think you need another blog...I like keeping my "lectric eye on you...purpose or not!

Julie said...

Are you trying to separate the professional from the personal? Because I think you could do that and still just have one online presence. The blogs I enjoy the most tend to have one main focus, but then have many random entries on a wide variety of topics all cleverly organized with tags.

Of course, it's always fun to start something new and we'll read you wherever you are!

Best Bowie lyric: We can be heroes just for one day.

Tiffany Coombs said...

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changessssssss