Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 10 in which I'm back in Oxford.


Left to right: Tom, Alisha, Charlie and me.

Back. I uploaded tons of pictures to flicker if anyone's interested, not only of Wales but also everything I've taken since I've been here that I've not put on Flicker yet. I'm major7ths (yes, with an s) on Flicker if anyone wants to take a look.

The last day in Wales was just like the rest, but with cleaning and lots of driving. We got up and wrote again, but soon our lives back in Oxford started creeping up on us and we had to leave a little sooner than planned. We cleaned the house from top to bottom and then (actually before) sat down to an amazing spread that consisted of all the food that was left in the house. Which was a lot. But we finished it all, and then headed on home.

I'm not going to go on and on about how great Wales was, you already know. I've gushed about it enough, no one wants to hear anymore of that. I'm back to Oxford now and back to my normal week. I have a book I need to read, lots of writing to do as usual and a ton of other little things I was ignoring while in Wales to attend to. I spent the entire day at work today, when not doing what I was supposed to be doing, making a massive to do list. It's pretty long.

This is not going to be the most interesting of posts, I apologize, but I do have boring days too, even if I do live in the magical land of hobbits and tea. I also have a mindless job and a kitchen that always needs cleaning and a room the size of a shoebox that I still can't manage to keep tidy. Life's basically the same wherever you go.

Rose and I hung out for a while tonight, catching up. I fell asleep at around 9 last night, so we did not get to talk about our weeks. We decided that she is going to come to the States and visit me sometime next year, and that we are going to go for either an east coast extravaganza tour, bumming couches from all the people and family I know scattered around, or take my car and hit the road out West. I've always wanted to do that anyway, so I vote that, although east coast would be cheaper. Oh well, we have lots of time to decide.

BECAUSE also, Alisha and I decided the other day that we really want to come back here for graduation, which is not until something crazy like April 2012. Then Meg said we (meaning my writing buds) should go to our graduation, then hit the road in Europe and go on a massive road trip that a way. Where all the money to do these things is going to come from I have no idea, but whatever, I'll figure that out later.

One bit of cool news, I was informed that my article on the YA Fantasy Guide made the top ten most visited pages on the whole site for the month of February (number 8 to be precise) which is pretty amazing because a) I'm an unknown author and b) it was only up for about a week of February. I am pretty happy about this news.

But now I need to go to bed. It's far too late and I have to be up far too early.

~major7th

1 comment:

foobella said...

Awesome, beatlesesque picture. Even your most boring day is exciting for me to read. =)