Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 4 in which I counted.

I spent 7 hours today counting merchandise. I can't wait to go to Wales.

Then I sent a full hour running around to every stationary/school supply store in the city and Headington looking for a monthly planner. They had no weekly/monthlys, no straight up monthlys, no nothing. Here is how the British like to view their month; one week at a time. Every single planner was a weekly. They like the weekly format so much that even when you find a monthly, it's written with every day in a straight line down the page in columns, not at all like a normal calendar. The only time it seems to be appropriate for a month to be displayed in the classic calendar format is in a classic calender to be hung on a wall of a kitchen, study, bedroom or all-purpose recreational room. Never in the form of a little book that goes in a purse or backpack. That would be outrageous.

I got so fed up with not finding what I wanted, refusing to settle, that I ended up buying a small sketch book with no lines and making my own. It's going to be awesome when it's done, but I'm sick of drawing lines with a ruler, so I'll have to finish later. I have sharpie all over my hands and lots of inking still to do, but it's really shaping up. Was this the most productive use of my time tonight? Not at all. I should have been packing for Wales, cleaning my room, working on my stuff, basically anything but making a planner. But I like to be organized (and clearly procrastinate), so to me, this was time well spent.

Rose made lasagna tonight and it was about five inches deep, full of cheesy goodness. I could have eaten the entire thing, but I was raised to share so I refrained.

This is basically it. That was my day. Counting, planner frustrations and lasagna. OHOHOH and I was awarded a Liebster Blog Award by the ever lovely Lynz. To explain what this is, I'm going to do what Lynz did and pull a copy-paste:
"Some time (in the recent past), somewhere (rumor has it that it might be Germany), someone (I guessing he/she was named Liebster) decided to do something nice for a whole lot of bloggers and started the Liebster Blog Award.

It’s an award you receive, but it is also an award that you give. If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose 3 other bloggers and send them one as well."

Thank you so much Lynz! I'm glad you've enjoyed this old thing, it's been fun. I'd like to thank Nicole Bartow for probably peer pressuring me into starting it up again in college, although it was so long ago that I don't even remember how she managed to convince me. Now go check out Lynz's blog!

As for my nominations, that was a tough one. I judged them based on content, dedication (aka frequent posting) and fantastic and ever changing banners. I also realized, when looking through the blogs I follow, that a great many of my buds hardly ever update anymore. What gives? I mean, I'm not really one to talk, I've had my months of inactivity too. Anyway, no one cares, on to the winners (not in any particular order):

First of all we have my mother at deeroo designs. She talks about me fairly frequently, so what's not to like? Just kidding. She's also an awesome sewer, quilter, blogger and overall sunny person. Her blog oozes positivity, something the world needs more of.

Second is my aunt at foobella- What Good Luck! I don't want to seem like a looser for only picking my family, be assured that I picked based on the strict criteria listed above and blogger's relation to myself had no factor in the decision making process. Foo's blogs are always filled with art, adventures in plumbing and funny anecdotes, the recipe to a good blog.

Last, but not in any way least is my friend Tiffany at Bhavana Yoga and Massage. Tiffany translates her passion for yoga and her superior understanding of the field in her blog, sharing tips for chasing away the winter blues through back bends and the overall power of yoga toward a better quality of life and living. Keep it up Tiff!

Congrats! And ps, one of the Liebster rules states that you are in no way obligated to pass it on if you don't want to, no biggie. It's just a little fun thing to let people know what else is out there.

So, the theme of this week seems to be Maria staying up far too late when she has to get up really early. I'm at it yet again, I just can't say no to watching a movie with my housemates, even if the question comes at half past 11. But it's all good, I'm off to Wales in the morning to hang out with my friends, write my little heart out, and pretend that it's my actual career already and that I'm famous enough to afford to go on these little writing vacations as often as I want.

TTFN, tantalizing tomatoes fight ninjas!

~major7th

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I agree whole-heartedly with your description of your Mom and her blog...she brightens my days and many others...

DeeRoo said...

Thanks for the shout out baby....do you need us to buy you a planner....you know your dad knows exactly the kind you like!:)

foobella said...

Thank you so much, Maria. I love you!! http://www.foobella.com/2011/03/hey-thanks-liebster.html