Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Step One: Dramatic Pudding.


"You're a damned good man, sister."

Whenever I go to print stuff out at this one place in town, the same guy always helps me. He had long hair, always wears baggy shorts and fun colored socks poking out of his Vans. Today they were hot pink. The first time I went in, he printed my stuff and told me as I was paying that usually he has to charge an extra fee for printing things off a flash drive, but that he had done it a lot that day and didn't feel like doing it again. HA. Score. Then every time after that he came up with some other reason not to charge me. Like, 'oh well I did not charge you last time so I won't today', or 'oops, forgot to charge you'. Today I went in and he rung me up and I handed him my money. It was £1.30 and I handed him exact change. He took it, opened the register, and then handed me my 30p back. I think I've made a new friend.

I have a bank account, a bank card, checks, a library card with my picture on it, a valid student ID, a Blackwells rewards card, two Oyster cards (from when Nicole was here, so now I can take friends to London), Top off card for my phone, UK Starbucks card for the internet, YHA membership card, house keys, growing book collection, solid handful of friends, junk all over my bedroom walls, a growing pile of laundry to do, a plastic champagne cup full of pennies, homework and Student Representative responsibilities within my course. I SO live here now.

Alisha.

The other day Rose made bread. The house smelled amazing and warm. I was up in my room working and she knocked on my door and without a word brought me a slice, buttered and everything. So sweet.

Homemade bread and American junk food for my housemates from Grandma and Grampa.

We made sushi the other night. It was the first time I've ever enjoyed sushi, like really liked it. I have liked it before, but too much of it always left me feeling a little funny. I guess because I saw this being made and I rolled some of it myself. I don't want any mystery rolled up in my sushi.

I went to London on Monday to see Les Misérables for the first time. I don't think I need to tell you that it was amazing. On My Own gave me chills from start to finish. However, before the show, since I must have incredible good luck, we happened to end up at the London premier of Despicable Me. AND saw Steve Carell, Russell Brand and Miranda Cosgrove. Whoa.

I decided that I want to be Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween. Random, I know, but it should be pretty easy. Red cloak, white dress, basket, sorted.

Remember when I almost went to film school? I still want to do that. I got this idea in my head that I want to make a short film with Catfish Productions sometime, but I have no clue what about or anything. As if I don't have enough projects to work on at the moment. What I really need is to get Nicole to come back here so we can shoot it in Oxford. That would be amazing. Any ideas?

karaoke in London. One of these days I'll sing something besides Beyond the Sea.

I bought a backpack today. Don't worry, it was cheap. I know it might be a little silly to buy a backpack when I have so many at home, but there is no point in getting yet another thing from home sent here when I could just get one for as little money as I did today. I was really getting fed up with not having one. It's still small, but it will fit all my things for class and my books and even my computer. And like I said, it cost me very little, so I can always leave it here at the end of the year or something. It's the first backpack I've ever owned that has not been green (it's brown).

Another thing I want to buy, a bookshelf. I found a little one today, but even it might be a little too big. I think it will fit in my room perfectly actually, and it's only £10, but I'm so indecisive. But you see my window ledge right? It's getting out of hand.

I obviously have no point today. Just felt like blogging. That's code for Maria has tons of laundry and reading to do but decided to write a pointless blog instead.

Our vacuum, Henry. Funny because that is one of my all time favorite boy names'

"Now, sir, we'll talk if you like. And I'll tell you right out that I'm a man who likes talking to a man that likes to talk."

~major7th

1 comment:

DeeRoo said...

Ah...but it's Bobby Darin!

Thanks for all the photos...

Hello Alisha!