Monday, August 31, 2009

Michael Kellogg's soliloquy.

The carnival is in town.

I woke up this morning and it was freezing, how wonderful! I spent the entire morning lounging around the house in pants (pants!), a long sleeved shirt and slippers, it was glorious. I am so excited now for fall I can hardly contain myself. I hate summer with a passion; I would much rather be cold than hot. I remembered something Nicole said this morning while I sat at my desk and gazed out the window at the clearest day I have seen in a while. We were talking about how weird this year was going to be being home and not at school. She said that she was excited to be home to be around when the seasons change. I never really thought about it before, but she is right, I have not seen summer turn into fall in Lovettsville in 4 years, or fall turn to winter or winter to spring or any of it! You never think about what you are missing when you are at school, but now I realized that I missed a lot.


I hung out with Tiffany’s older sister Melissa last night. I have known Melissa as long as I have known Tiffany, but I did not really get to know her till the wedding stuff started happening and we planned the shower together and did bridesmaid things. She is super cool. We watched a movie called True Stories that David Byrne from the Talking Heads made. It was awesome; everyone should go and put it at the top of their Netflix lists instantly. So, now I am really into the Talking Heads. Thank you Melissa!


I don’t have a lot to report today, I just have the day off so I thought I should post something. I am thinking about printing off a few blogs to send along with my other writing samples to grad schools. They are the most accurate representation of what I have been working on lately, and I think some of the ones that have a point could potentially stand alone as pieces.


Stupid question, do they have Netflix in the UK? Is that just an American thing?


So anyway, if anyone liked any of my blogs, let me know. I was thinking the Oscar Wilde one (after fixing it up a bit perhaps) and the Netflix one (after doing the same) but who knows. Blogs are really the way the world seems to be going these days, so I don’t see why I couldn’t send a few.


I am in a coffee shop right now that had a big chalk board wall that people can just come up and draw on. I just noticed a small note near the radiator that says “Life is bad being a little brother! Michael Kelloggg.” Wow Michael, that sucks. Actually, it might not say “bad”, it either says that or something like “gurd” or “burd” or “gud.” Clearly being a little brother has also affected his handwriting skills. Whatever it says, Michael clearly feels very strongly about it because he used an exclamation mark.


I should be doing something productive. I have a work date with Beth tonight, I’ll work then.


“Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.”


~major7th

7 comments:

Beth said...

hi!!!

major7th said...

hi!!!!

DeeRoo said...

Nice picture!

Sending a bit of blog sounds like a good idea, something different....now get with it!;)

Jacques said...

Alas, no netflix in the UK...but there is something called le Film (I think) and there's a blockbuster down the street from my house, that does the blockbuster version of netflix. It's quite sad.
I agree with your mom...Get with it!! :) I need you by my siiiiiide!
Blogs sound like a good idea, just be sure to edit them (copyedit wise) as you would a 'real' piece of work. Miss you!

foobella said...

I saw that movie and have the 'True Stories' LP. It's not a soundtrack to the flick, though. Just the band, but still good.

If you like Talking Heads, you should check out the bass player and drummer's other band Tom Tom Club. Saw them years ago. Good stuff. I think they are still together, too.

As for which blog posts to send, well, that would take some work to look back and select a fave. I'll get back to you.

=)

Snooty Crumb said...

Maria, I'm so proud of you for loving True Stories. As I say this, my mom is groaning, because she hates that movie. But I'm glad you liked it.
"It was LOVE that killed John F. Kennedy!!!" ~ The Lying Lady

Tanner said...

The Talking Heads rule. Also, that's a fantastic photo of the carnival.

I love catching fall this year because we have 60 acres of woodland that are starting to change color. That and it seems like it'll be more than a week this year.