Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ready to Leave

Good morning citizens. I have not done one of these in far too long, so I guess I should give it a go. I have been busy.

Since last I wrote I have been basically working non stop at the Döner, meeting the colorful regulars, stopping the spread of fake 100 dollar bills and breaking glasses. Watch out for those middle age white women out with friends, they are loaded with fake money. Now that I have stopped one fake 100, I am paranoid of all people asking for change for any sized bill.

What else has happened? Neil Gaiman wrote a blog the other day saying that so many blog worthy things had been happening to him lately that he did not know what to blog about first, thus cramming it all into one hurried blog. When I read this I thought “oh, me too, I have not bloged in a while.” However on further reading, I see a difference between what is blog worthy to me and what’s blog worthy for a famous author. His list included book signings, trips overseas, openings of a new musical based on Coraline, and hanging out with famous people. My list consisted of getting a hair cut, being told I looked familiar at work, not liking the movie 7 Pounds, spending hours making wedding shower invitations, getting a real ‘good job!’ at work, and my greatly anticipated summer reading list. So exciting, right? Well, that’s about as exciting as it has been, but it is about to get better. I am actually waiting right now to go to the airport to be whisked away to Dublin, Ireland and from there London. I cannot wait to leave the country.

So anyway, that’s what has been going on lately. The most exciting thing has been my hair cut. Still no pictures, but there will be eventually. I got it cut to my chin, well, a bit below my chin, and I got some rockin’ bangs. I love it so much, I don’t know why I ever let my hair get as long as it was; short hair is so much more fun!

Here is my summer reading list as of right this second, in no particular order of which is subject to change:

Lolita ~ Vladimir Nabokov
American Gods~ Neil Gaiman
Anansi Boys ~ Neil Gaiman
M is for Magic~ Neil Gaiman
Sandman (finish series) ~ Neil Gaiman
Stardust ~ Neil Gaiman
Y: The Last Man (finish series) ~ Brian K. Vaughan
Love, Stargirl ~ Jerry Spinelli
Matilda ~ Roald Dahl
Downbelow Station ~ C. J. Cherryh
Shakespeare, The World as Stage ~ Bill Bryson
Blindness ~ José Saramago
Love in the Time of Cholera ~ Gabriel García Márquez
Eat, Pray, Love ~ Elizabeth Golbert
Blue Diary ~ Alice Hoffman
Very Far Away From Anywhere Else ~ Ursula K. Le Guin

As you can see, I have a lot of reading to do. This list will probably get bigger as the summer goes on, these are just the books that have been either given to me this year and recommended to me. A few are graphic novel series which excites me to no end and a great many are young adult books which also makes me extremely happy. I think I have a nice mix here of fiction, non fiction, YA, graphic novels, magical realism and science fiction in my list to satisfy me all summer long.

Alright, this is all I have for now. The next time you hear from me I could very well be in Dublin. I will try to write a little something when I get there, but I am not promising anything. I will probably be too busy exploring.

Wunderbar!

~major7th~

1 comment:

DeeRoo said...

Your blog ALWAYS makes us smile...even though you are our kid!;)
Have the bestest time ever in Dublin/London and hopefully Cardiff and Oxford...xoxoxoxo
m & d