Saturday, January 31, 2009

Celine...that sounded mean.

Photobucket



I got a new i-pod yesterday!

My old one got stolen because I am in idiot and left my car unlocked at the stadium on a football game day. That was just asking for trouble. But I am sure everyone has heard that story a million times already because it’s all I have been talking about since it happened. Sorry everyone, I realize I can get annoying at times. I just don’t let things go sometimes. I hope the *%&%$ who stole my pod is enjoying it, especially the back where my name was engraved with love by my mother so many Christmases ago.

But now all is well in the land once more because I have a new pod. I named it Celine after a friend of mine who gave me a $100 gift card to best buy for Christmas just for driving her around all marching band season. Her name is not really Celine (duh), I just call her that sometime because she is an amazing singer.

Completely unrelated topic time. Nicole (the roommate) convinced me to this Indoor Color Guard this semester, and today we actually got things done at practice. We have all the drill done for the show and half the work. It’s an Alice in Wonderland show (Nicole is Alice) and it is shaping up to be awesome. I complain about going to practices and claim that I want to quit all the time, but in the end I am glad to be a card in Nicole’s Wonderland.

The music is intense and the work is challenging. I have not been challenged in a guard show in a while. Not to sound like a snob or anything, but besides rifle last season of marching band (aka worst thing ever) I usually can get work pretty easily. This stuff is so different than any work I have ever done; I’m not picking it up as quickly as I usually do. Honestly, after doing guard for 8 years in a row, its sort of great being challenged, but on the other hand its frustrating. I am glad my last season of Guard ever is actually making me think. I like thinking.


Photobucket



I am sitting in the Creative Arts Center (working, hahahah what a laugh) watching the sun set outside. I always get a good view of the sunsets from this building. There is a grand piano sitting outside the door of the gallery I am sitting in. I really want to go play it. I keep forgetting I can’t play.

I just typed ‘forgetting’ as ‘forgezzxing.’ I should just leave all my typos. It might make this funnier to read but at times imposable to read. I will consider it.

I love weekends. Even if they are busy.

I really really really really hope the Stealers loose the Super Bowl. Still, I probably won’t watch it. I will tune in for Bruce at halftime, but that’s about it.

My blog has 4 whole followers! Isn’t that exciting? I certainly think so.

I will leave you tonight with one last picture…


Photobucket



I would marry Seth Rogan tomorrow if he did not smoke so much pot. James Franco is also adorable. Seth Rogan can get away with making movies about anything and they always turn out funny with a tad of heart sprinkled in. Gotta admire that, at least a little.

I am going to go read. Love it.

“Saul: How about in the park, when I said you were my friend... you didn't say anything back.
Dale: Well, that's easy. It's because we're not friends. You are my drug dealer. The only reason I know you is because I like the drugs you sell. If you didn't sell drugs, I would have no idea who you are, and I wouldn't be here right now. I would be fantastic!
Saul: Oh…
Dale: I'm sorry, that sounded really mean... just to hear that, that sounded really mean.”


~major7th~

3 comments:

DeeRoo said...

We can't wait to see the guard show...challenging is good....keeps you from getting bored.

xoxo

major7th said...

for sure.

JP said...

hooray for new iPods!


ps- thanks for the following :)